Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 7 - Progress 3: Partly Done

First of all, a big thanks for the comments on my last entry! They were very helpful!

At Kessie's suggestion I did add a limb to the tree... but now it's covered by the foreground leaves. Oh well. It was a good thought! And I'll be working on Kenjo's hand a bit more, though I didn't make any progress on him today.

Techcat... wow! Thanks for the over-lay drawing to show me what to fix. Is it odd that I'm really flattered when people take the time to do that? Probably. You'll also noticed that I flipped the background image since, sure enough, it'll work better with Kenjo propped against the tree. I have no idea why I didn't think of that to begin with.

The Photoshop brushes, however, I dare not try. The program crashed again today. But I did manage to find an alternative for the leaves, and I think it worked alright. For the most part, the background is done. I'll add more shading and lighting once Kenjo is in it, and save any other tweaking until then as well.

Thanks again!

1 comment:

  1. I'd seen a few other artists do it before, or even ask for 'red-lining' suggestions. Figured I could express what I wanted better with a drawing than just text. It's not weird to be flattered, it's good to feel special! X3;

    Yeah a spatter/scattering effect really makes leaves look a lot less like smudges. Glad to help.