Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 5 - Progress 5: Let's Get This Over With


Well a "bad week" art-wise had to come sooner or later, so it might as well be this one. I am going to finish this, even if I stay up until midnight doing it (entirely likely at this point, since it's 10 PM here). I could finish tomorrow, but I simply will not have time. So, have the almost-finished-coloring version. AKA "I am totally fixing the background with Photoshop because I wasn't expecting half my markers to be on their last leg".

The skyline was meant to be dirty and gritty, considering how big a city Tokyo is, but not "Why markers, WHY?!" kind of gritty. I've never been to Tokyo, but I was in Cairo in 2008 and the sky was indeed disgusting during daylight hours. Cities are only nice to look at once the sun's down.

I also haven't listened to music much while drawing this week. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, I think it makes your sky look more interesting than just being one flat color. It actually looks like evening outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and also, James Gurney did a neat post on painting skies, and I'm dying to paint a sky now with these techniques. It'd never occurred to me that the sky is two criss-crossing gradients. http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2011/02/skys-dual-gradations.html

    ReplyDelete