Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week One Fades Into Week Two

 Today was the first day of my last semester at University of Idaho. It was almost surreal, probably because I hadn't slept enough and even this morning's coffee wasn't enough for me to feel wholly awake all day. It wasn't a bad day, honestly. The first day seldom is because most of the classes consist of "Here's your syllabus, now get out". The rest of this week should be similar so at least I'm being eased into having to be up and moderately coherent before 9 AM.

The painting and I finally came to an agreement that I would spend a great deal of my time after work fixing it and it would cooperate as long as I set it in from of my space heater occasionally to help it dry at least a little so the colors wouldn't completely mush together. It's not perfect, but it looks a far sight better now than it did last night. I would now be alright with framing it and giving it to to my grandmother.

Not since my Lord of the Rings obsession days of high school have I really tried to draw much in the way of archery. A few pen scribbles in my sketchbook proved that muscle memory isn't everything, so I found a great archery resource and worked with that. That web page is going to be open in Chrome quite a bit in the next six days.

1 comment:

  1. Cheetah looks great and yay for archery and LotR fan girling!

    ReplyDelete