Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Make Way, It Has Begun

The year 2013 has come despite some paranoia about the world ending on 12/21/12. It looks like Time makes fools of us all, including those who misinterpreted the Mayan calendar. Despite the hopes of some, we're all still here and life continues on.

From the day that the world was supposed to end until yesterday I was up visiting family for the holidays. Now Christmas and New Year's are over and it's time to resettle the chaos that comes with them and fall back into the routine that I've set for myself. Of course, this includes Attempt #3 at the Weekly Art challenge. Considering that there's only one semester of school left for me to trudge through, I expect that the whole thing will flow much more smoothly once there's a sweet, wonderful lack of homework in the way.

The first piece of 2013 will be a small painting for my grandmother. She recently moved in with my aunt and uncle as she can no longer live alone. She's trying to give her bedroom an Africa look and mentioned to me that she needs another wall hanging with a cheetah on it. So why not? A painting of a cheetah she shall have.

Of course, while looking at reference photos I began to question my sanity for tackling this. Just thinking of all those spots is daunting...

Also, I just listened to "Over the Misty Mountains Cold" from The Hobbit soundtrack. Repeatedly. Hey, Dwarfs sing pretty!

1 comment: