Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 2 Closes Early


Much to my pride and delight, there was plenty of time to finish this yesterday afternoon. I personally like the look of it and feel that it functions well. I would prefer the character a bit thinner since that's how I imagined him, but it works anyway. Perhaps he's built up a little since he took up archery.

Today was also the first real day of my Advanced Painting studio. I started on the background of my painting   but forgot my palette knife today so color blending wasn't going too well. As much as I dislike doing landscapes, this at least won't be the actual subject of the painting as much as a small detail of it. I don't want to reveal too much but I will say that it's going to be a sort of fan-made cover of a classic book. You can guess if you want but I may wait until a few more class sessions before revealing which book it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment