Saturday, April 22, 2017

Catching the End of 2016

We're closing in on me being up-to-date with the drawings I post here, as these are all that's left from my 2016 folder. That's exciting but also a bit intimidating because soon I'll need to be sure to draw regularly so that this blog has regular content.

Fittingly this entry will be a mix of content. Great way to complete a year of art I think.



Christmas gift for a friend; his hyena character as a Jedi



My first real attempt at the Voltron: Legendary Defender version of Keith, also a gift for a friend. He's cute, it was fun!


Yet another Christmas gift for a Levi/Hanji Secret Santa exchange on Tumblr. My giftee also likes Star Wars, so I rolled with it. They'd be great Jedi.



Saved this for last, since it took the most work. It was part of Shiro week, and the prompt was "Black Lion", which of course is the lion he pilots. I designed a "human" type look for the Black Lion a while ago and decided to use her for the drawing.

This is the Black Lion in case anyone needs a point of reference:



The symbolism is how she protects him and works with him and accepts all of him, including the parts of himself he hates (like his alien cyborg arm).


So that concludes 2016's art! Onto 2017 with the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment