Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week 2: COMMISSIOOOOOOONS. COMMISSIONS!

If you read that title in the tune of "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof then I don't know if you should be proud that you understood the reference or terrified that your brain is on the same wave length as mine. If it's the latter you have my deepest apologies.

Not long ago a friend's mom (whom I also consider my friend) commissioned me for a detailed piece that's a fun tribute to her late second husband.  I'm pretty honored to be part of it and looking forward to the challenges it will present, such as drawing a convincing car.

A lot of this is based on a running joke with them and when it comes down to it, I'll be doing a caricature of him similar to the badger in these commercials. They're pretty darn funny, actually.


No comments:

Post a Comment