Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 15: Progress 01 - Shortcut

If the background of the image above looks like a photo... that's because it is. Of course, that's not the permanent background, but I have yet to erase all the elements of what I based the image on. Namely, the photo below (of yours truly, specifically taken for this drawing).



The face in the drawing is not based on mine at all, and I gave her more curve, plus the lighting is totally different and I had to add her lower legs by eyeballing a different reference altogether. At first there was some paranoia that this was cheating, but after fussing with the camera a bit to finally get a good shot and realizing how much work there's still to do even with the traced outline, I don't feel guilty about it.

Actually, as mentioned in the last entry, her face will have some influence pulled from Queen Latifah. Also, some of her dreadlocks will be in her face, but I'm saving those for when I have more of everything else done.

Yes, that's a cigarette. I'm the original photo I have a really stubby pencil.

Background Noise: Various anime - Spriggan and Fullmetal Alchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment