Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 40 - The Process

At some point my plan was for Week 40 to be big, colorful, and epic. Due to some health complications, that did not work out. But realizing how far along in the year I am did bring about the decision to light a match under myself in terms of a massive personal project.

A webcomic I've been thinking about for a couple years still needs quite a bit of work done on it in terms of characters design and... almost everything really. I've posted other works of other characters (Rose and Thatch if you remember them), but the third major character had no face until this week.

This is my process of designing a character. Some practice with references of people with the age/body type I'm leaning towards, some free sketching, and finally something cemented once I think my character is "them".



Next week I plan to do a full body drawing and color chart for him... and also dig up whatever document I have his name in because I honestly forgot it. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I like that you're still keeping the webcomic alive. This character looks really cool ^_^

    ReplyDelete