Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's Not Really Weekly Anymore, Is It?

But that's okay. Life has swamped me as it often does this time of year, even without my serious participation in National Novel Writer's Month. Maybe over Thanksgiving break something not related to school will be finished, but I'm not holding my breath for that yet. Next year, however, will bring about Attempt Three at completing a work of art each week, and with next Spring being when I graduate that's actually looking more promising. Homework won't be a factor, at any rate.

The most recent painting assignment marks the beginning of my professor more or less taking his hands off the wheel as far as directing the assignments goes. This one is to be done with three different methods of painting, but the subject matter is all up to us. I admit that actually thinking of a subject was what took me the longest so far.

In the end it's going to be a sort of receding wall with trees on both sides. Bricks will be painted in as a visual cue, and there will be far more plant life, but the stripes of color will remain. The original idea was to do a sort of drip-painting in those areas, but air-headed genius that I am I forgot those supplies. So stripes it is. Also the perspective threw me for a loop while I was taking the picture.

1 comment:

  1. I like it ^_^ I suck at perspective so I always get excited when I see someone tackling it nicely and I can see how that could trip you up in taking a picture of it lol.

    ReplyDelete