Monday, July 25, 2011

Mini Memory Lane Joy Ride

The weekend before this last one I was a guest at my brother's house while things were worked out for me to replace my new car. I ended up with a white 2000 Dodge Durango, thanks to his enthusiastic assistance, and I must say I enjoy driving it. I won't enjoy putting gas in it, but that's a complaint for another time.

My brother is busiest at his job during the summer (such is the life of kitchen staff at a country club), so while he was out I spent hours and hours reliving my childhood by playing the first Crash Bandicoot game on his PS3. I'd forgotten how simply beautiful and fun that game is, and it was influential enough to help me break my art block.

It's just a quick thing - probably took an hour tops and I didn't use a reference. But my word, it was relaxing and great fun. The next morning I also did this five-minute sketch to ensure that the breaking of artists' block wasn't a one-time deal:
Just a fast scribble as my character Kat as one of the game series' default female badicoots. The lack of a certain long, fluffy appendage is not going well with her. She probably hasn't noticed that her fur is orange yet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good, your muse is coming back! You just needed a little R&R. That muse is a fickle thing, you know. He doesn't like stress. :-)

    ReplyDelete