Sunday, June 25, 2017

Homages, Designs, and Improvements

It's probably a good thing you don't know how long these blog entries sit in my drafts with the pictures already added but me unable to think of anything coherent to say.

First is a simple sketch of two Attack on Titan characters, Mike and Nanaba, based on a photo of Carrie Fisher being held up by Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca).  The size difference is just uncanny and reminded me of these two.

A few entries ago I showed a sketch I did of Shiro from Voltron as the alien race Altean. I finally took it a step farther and designed some body markings for him, too. So far we've only seen the face marks on the Altean characters, but I think it'd be fun if they had those all over. And if they glowed.

 

Also while working on this I made an outfit template for anything else I want to design for Shiro. Then I looked at the original template I'd done a few months prior and there was like a leap in improvement. It's good to look at whenever I'm discouraged about my artistic journey.


Drawing all those muscles was a nice bonus, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment