Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Someone Once Said Something

“Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” -Bruce Lee

Thank you, Bruce Lee, for that something. It puts my failure to complete 52 weeks of art projects into perspective because I certainly did try. In fact I made it much farther this year than I did the two years before. I think this means that the fourth time is a charm and I shall tackle my goal again in about three weeks when 2014 dawns upon us.

That being said, until yesterday I hadn't drawn anything since the middle of November besides some casual sketches. As it so happened, what pulled me out of my slump was a Netflix marathon of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I ended up drawing my favorite pony, Rarity, in a fabulous winter coat.

I'll color it digitally because the paper has so many smudges, but I wanted to show it off just inked... in blue. I accidentally bought a blue inking pen but it's growing on me.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it next year and darn right! It's better to try and fail then not try at all! <3 And maybe next year I will try and do a poem a week (or a flash fiction a week) something to keep me from slacking at all in the creativity department ^^. <3

    ReplyDelete