Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Towards the Finale

The bottom portion of the painting has become about what I wanted and also taken a direction of it's own that surprises and pleases me. The upper half is proving challenging but I believe the end result will be something great. We have a progress critique in class today, so we'll see where it goes after that. It's hard to believe that this is the last painting of the semester.

It's also hard to believe that Christmas and even 2012 are just a few weeks away. I have every intention of starting over again on my Weekly Art despite having two art studios next semester. But maybe that'll help more than hurt?

Also, here's my humble apartment Christmas tree with Barbie ornaments that my late grandmother gave me every year for quite a while. When I got up this morning my cat had knocked it on its side on the floor. Good thing all my ornaments are plastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment