Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 3 - Completion!


Alright, so ends the third of my weekly artwork! Thanks to the feedback in the last journal, I'm much happier with his face. I hadn't realized how badly I'd messed up the generic details. Guess it's time to break out my anatomy books again. Looking at an official expression sheet also helped a great deal. Unfortunately, it was a bit late in the drawing for me to alter the location of his eyes without re-doing a great deal.

This is the longest I've spent on a weekly drawing thus far, and made it just in time. Driving to Mom's tomorrow and I don't think I'll feel like drawing when I arrive, since I seldom do. And Saturday... well, that's Week 4! Let's see what craziness I concoct this time. Hopefully something with original characters.

Music: None, but I was watching "Second Hand Lions", which is amazing.

DeviantArt link: http://fav.me/d37o9hw

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Second Hand Lions is one of those really remarkable movies. I just love it.

    Good job on the pic, but I think his eyes needed to be bigger or something. He has a very Disney look, and that almost always means big round or square eyes. He does have a big nose, though. I'd have to really sit and stare at him to figure out how to fix him, but as you've pronounced him done, I'm not going to bother.

    You can post random sketches in here, too, if you're not up to working on a big colored pic. The majority of the stuff on my blog is sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete