Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 2 - Progress 4; Background


As expected, Week 2 is taking longer than Week 1, and I'm fully okay with that. I'd hate to think every week's drawing would only take me four days. That would be boring. This time I stopped myself before getting to the figures again to keep a good pace. Often when I color by hand I eventually get bored and my work turns noticeably sloppy. I also usually start with the figures and work my way to the background, so perhaps changing that up will improve the quality over-all.

I think the texture on the tree and grass added a lot, really, though I realized while coloring that I have no idea where the light source will be. This is going to be a problem tomorrow when I start on the figures and shade the tree and grass accordingly. From behind Belle, maybe? All I know is that I really don't feel like putting them in shade. Guess I should have thought of that before sticking them under a tree.

Also, as promised, the Faberge egg I was working on, being displayed by my Ball Joint Doll, Logan.
Photobucket

Music: Leann Rimes, "Looking Through Your Eyes"; Shania Twain, "From This Moment On"; Bryan Adams, "Everything I Do"

2 comments:

  1. ...Sorry. Didn't realize the Logan photo would stretch the post. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's odd, usually Blogger will resize it for you. Well, only if you're in the Compose window and not the HTML window.

    Anyway, the colored pic is looking pretty good! My only suggestion at this point is to make your sky darker at the top than at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete