Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2 - Progress 3; Ink


I decided to go ahead and upload just the line art for comparison's sake, even though inking rarely takes me very long. However, there will be textures and patterns that aren't apparent with just the outlines done. The tree will have texture to it, as will the grass, and parts of their uniforms will be plaid (not my idea, just the way they're designed). Also, the sky will have clouds, but those will be added with paint on top of the marker or something similar.

I do like it a lot more than when I first started, I'll say that. Re-positioning Ludwig probably helped. Also, as Kessie mentioned in her comment on the last entry, I don't think I'll be adding anything to the top. I did sketch in some branches, but they didn't feel right. If the clouds don't take care of the empty space, I'll just crop it.

Ran some errands today. On foot. I'm tired, but at least it wasn't very cold out and the weather was beautiful. It's been a while since I did much walking, however, so I'm sure my legs will be reminding of that tomorrow.

Also, one of my Faberge eggs is almost done. Will probably add a photo in the next entry.

Music: None, inking doesn't take long enough for me to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment